Monday, June 26, 2023

Rothco Tacticanvas Go Pack

 

Rothco's Tacticanvas Go Pack combines the tactical elements of our Medium Transport Packs but with a classic military canvas material. The tactical pack features a heavyweight canvas with polyester web straps. The tactical bag has one large main zippered compartment with a large interior mesh pocket, perfect for storing everything from books to essential survival supplies. There are also three additional zippered compartments, which make for great storage as well. The adjustable padded shoulder straps and padded back with breathable mesh backing make the pack ideal for heavy and or long trips. Also, the bag has a top carry handle, top Y-Shaped adjustable quick release cinch strap, and side cinch straps.

 Specifications:


My Observations:

I think this is a well-made backpack. Looking it over I was impressed with the quality of its construction. The stitching is good and doubled up in areas where extra pressure may occur. The zippers are heavy duty and of good quality. Plenty of pockets and internal mesh pockets as well. The shoulder straps are adequate with a chest strap between the two.

My Opinion:

 This pack is marketed as a medium size. I think it’s probably a little on the smaller side of the scale. While it is certainly big enough to carry the basic necessities, I think you would be pressed to get much more in it. That being said, I think that it would be ideal for a youth (10 - 16 years) or someone who just wants a quality bag to pack away for an emergency. It could also be used as an emergency car bag as its durable construction makes it ideal for the abuse these bags typically take in a car or truck.

 I think it’s a functional bag, however, if you’re someone who prefers a single compartment to a multi compartment bag this isn’t for you. Multi compartment bags do limit the size of items you can put inside. It really comes down to what do you plan to put inside it.

 I like the fact that it has M.O.L.L.E. webbing, however, on a pack this size I’m not sure how useful they would be. But they are there, and I’m sure you could attach some small pouches if you wanted to. For an explanation of the M.O.L.L.E. system please click here.

 I also like the fact that the bag expands and can really be stuffed full and that it has side and top cinch straps to stabilize the cargo. I also personally like chest straps especially if you are going to be hiking any distance with the pack and this backpack has one.

 This is not a lightweight pack, however, because of its size it’s not that heavy coming in around 2 ½ lbs.

 Overall, I like this backpack. It’s a quality item built to take a beating. I think it’s got a lot of great features at a responsible price point. If you would like to purchase this backpack you can either contact me or click here and it will take you to my store.

 (These are my personal observations and opinions, yours may differ. Also, I sell and recommend certain products and services here and might be compensated for such recommendations.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS ALL THE NOISE ABOUT FIRE?

Some people wonder what the obsession with fire is about. There are a lot of products on the market devoted to making fire. I think the only...